Sunday, January 02, 2005

Only Half an Hour until I leave for the Airport

OH MY GOD!!! The time is actually here! I head out for LA via Phoenix in just a couple hours. I am finally packed, although my pack is so much bigger than I had hoped. My sister assures me that it is entirely reasonable, but I'm still disappointed. I can't think of anything else to cut out though. Oh well. I've got everything I need (as far as I know!!), so hopefully I won't have to add anything bulky.

I have been running around like a madwoman this past week trying to see everyone and finish up everything before I head off. I did make time to finish up my dad's mittens and we felted them yesterday. If I can figure out how to post pictures on this thing, (Jury is picking me up at the airport tonight, so I should be able to figure out everything I need to know from him), I will put up a photo of my dad wearing the unfelted mittens, cuz its pretty funny.

And after a frantic search for my notebook in which I'd written down all sorts of people's advice, I found it (whew!). So, straight from the first page of my notebook, here is my list of must-dos in New Zealand:

- learn Maori dances
- tramping - lots of it!!
- kayaking
- xc skiing (?? is there enough snow?? there isn't here. grr...)
- wine country tastings
- diving/snorkeling
- biking (road, maybe some mountain)
- hot springs/mud baths

I am sure I will add to this, but when I was brainstorming, that's what I got. Okay. We are leaving ahorita, so I have to go. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home