Friday, October 28, 2005


Some of the amazing Kauri trees that I encountered on my walk through the Waipoua Kauri Forest. These trees are ENORMOUS. I wish I'd remembered to bring the info on their dimensions to tell you. They are comparable to the Redwoods in California. I was inspired to take this photo on a walk to Yakas, the 7th largest Kauri tree in the world. Kauri trees grow throughout Australia, New Zealand and some of the Pacific Islands and SE Asia. New Zealand has some of the oldest and largest ones recorded anywhere. I was suddenly overcome with a overwhelming sense of awe and silence as I was walking and thought I'd take this photo to record the place. When I turned the corner on the path, I discovered I was in a place called, appropriately, Cathedral Cove. Guess it is perceptible to more people than just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home