Friday, January 14, 2005

Auckland Unitarian Church

Well, first off, its been a bit of a long time, so this is rather outdated, but its cool, right? Internet was expensive out of Auckland, so I haven't been using it!

I went to visit the Unitarian Church here in Auckland last Sunday and it was everything one might hope. I love Unitarians. They are universally awesome all over the world! Another guy from my program came with me and we went out for lunch after the service with a bunch of people from the congregation. We ate lunch at this fabulous place that reminded me a bit of the Birchwood. They put fresh fruit in the water pitchers that they bring to the tables. It is a fabulous idea since it gives the water a great taste and then you get fresh fruit when you finish the water and you all know how much I like that!

Also on Sunday, I was finally able to get ahold of Laura's friend Savage, who lives here in Auckland. We headed out to explore Devonport, a really pretty area across the bay from central Auckland. We stopped for gelato (I got plum - yummy) that we ate as we hiked up Mount Victoria, an extinct volcano. Did you know that there are 48 extinct volcanoes in Auckland? We hung out with Savage's flatmates over home-made vegetarian Indian dinner. They are such a cool group of people. I am actually staying with them right now and I just like them even better as I get to know them more! Yay for cool people! Oh, and we found digestive biscuits. Mmmmmm!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home