Friday, January 28, 2005

Got a car!!

Hey y'all! Well I have not even 5 minutes left, so this will be super quick, but I GOT A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a 1989 Mazda Astina hatchback. The Snells and associated crew will appreciate that the coloring is slightly reminiscent of Grover (not a clone, but its navy blue with orange racing stripes). I'll post a photo for you all soon, so you can see how I'm travellin' in style. ;) A couple other notes - when we were heading out to test drive my car up in Silverdale, we passed the construction site of an indoor ski slope. What???? Yeah. So weird. And I went to yoga again on Monday (I am loving the yoga classes). But I had to laugh at the distinctly New Zealand yoga instruction. When describing Ujai (spelling???) breathing technique, the instructor told us that "it's kind of like doing the Haka." (For those of you who don't know, the Haka is a famous Maori dance. Sorry I can't be more specific since I haven't seen it yet. But I think they do it at rugby games and stuff too. Maybe one of you who is more knowledgeable than me can let me know. And if anyone knows the correct spelling of Ujai, I'd appreciate a correction on that too! Nate, you're looking in the dictionary already, aren't you?! hahaha :) ). I am heading off to camp on Waiheke Island in the Hauraki Gulf outside Auckland for the weekend while my car waits to visit the mechanic on Tuesday. Then its off somewhere around the country, specific route TBA. I feel like there is something else I wanted to tell you guys, but I don't remember what it was. Oh! I remember what it was. I found a tent for only $49 NZ! Its a pretty darn nice tent as far as I can tell. Practically brand new. The guy who was helping me said he couldn't figure out why they hadn't charged $149 for it. Hopefully I won't discover the reason for that in a bad rainstorm...! ;) Alrighty. I'm off. Hope you're all well! More updates on the car soon.

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your MA Aunt thinks this website is GREAT! Take care and have fun. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home